Aug 19, 2009

TMMM, Part Two - me.

Some developments in my new multi-faceted career path:
  • Starting Monday, I'll be anchoring the weekday morning news on Montgomery's CBS-TV affiliate, WAKA Channel 8. CBS 8 This Morning airs 6:00 -7:00 AM and features meteorologist Kait Parker and the usual crew of a thousand off-camera folks who somehow manage to herd cats and make it all work each day. I'll also anchor local updates during the CBS Early show from 7:00 till 9:00am.
  • In addition, I'm doing some reporting for the Public Radio Station in Birmingham, WBHM 90.3 FM. My first report aired twice this morning (Wednesday) during Morning Edition and will air again about 4:45 this afternoon. It's the story of that coal ash spill at a TVA power plant in Tennessee, and the landfill in Perry County Alabama where the tons of ash is all headed. You can listen to it online here.
  • And, coming in September to this blog, a four-part special series about the exploits of Alabamian Raphael Semmes and The CSS Alabama during the Civil War, especially his goal to attack Manhattan. The 200th Anniversary of Semmes birth is next month. The series will run each Sunday during September, starting on the 6th and concluding on the birth-anniversary day, September 27.

Thanks to the nice folks at WBHM Radio and WAKA Television for taking me into their folds and giving me a place to call "home"!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tim! Let us know how the view is from the other side of those strange golden-tinted windows at WAKA.

    We all knew how you have been itching to get back on-air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought you knew! That front room is filled with the gold bars TV owners are making these days, and they reflect outward onto the windows. (-:
    Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tim!! I will be sure and tune in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, Tim. I read your 'blog and we need you back on the air!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from afar. This is a good thing for Montgomery too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Tim. Sounds like you are staying busy.

    By the way, I have a few photos of y own I'd like to share with you and your readers if I may.

    How would I go about doing that?

    After over half a century I finally gave up on Alabama. For the time being I am here near Austin Texas.

    Things here in Texas are somwhat better, yet the underlying dynamics are fretfully similar.

    Congratulations on your new gigs. Keep up the good work.

    Craig Griffin

    ReplyDelete