- The week ends with former Governor Don Siegelman headed back to jail for 78 months, his lawyers undecided about appealing that sentence. There was no shortage of bad blood between Federal Judge Mark Fuller and the Siegelman defense team, and you have to wonder if that played a role in the maximum sentence Siegelman received.
- Remember, the "Seven minutes of terror" Mars landing happens late on Sunday.
|Saturday Morning, ready to fall off.|
- Most of the night blooming Cereus buds I posted about a week ago didn't make it. It's not unusual to lose some early buds...too much heat I suspect. Four did survive and were open Friday at Midnight...they're almost closed up again this morning.
- If there was any same-sex kissing going on at Chick-fil-a in Alabama, it didn't happen on camera. On Wednesday the drive- thru in Montgomery was packed with folks. Interesting that neither Mitt Romney nor Barack Obama have said a word about it all.
- It's been hard to hear a negative word about this weekend's back-to-school sales tax holiday. Retailers promote it endlessly, politicians say they collect more revenue, and people who love to shop, well, love to shop. But Alabama Public Radio talked with an economist who says it is bad tax policy.