Dec 31, 2012

MMMM #256 -- Hair and Ties

     I'm convinced that, for many TV viewers, it's all about hair and ties.
     The case of a Louisiana weather anchor makes my point.
     She was fired over her hair, or rather, for defending her short Afro style to a viewer.

     The people I know in this business work hard to produce news content that is important, or at least entertaining and interesting, but I'll bet hair and ties get more comment form viewers than almost any story content.

The story from Louisiana also points to race always being a factor here in the Deep South.

And as for the station's policy of not allowing on-air staff to comment about on-line postings....well, they're not claiming to speak for the station, but for themselves. But I can see where the station wants to prevent comment wars too.

[The Monday Morning Medai Memo is a regular feature of TimLennox.com.]


No comments:

Post a Comment