Apr 19, 2014

Alabama Book Festival

     The weather held out..no rain and a nice temperature...for the annual Alabama Book Festival at Old Alabama Town in Montgomery.
      One of the 100 or so presenting authors was The Anniston Star's star publisher Brandt Ayres.

Ayres meets with fans after his talk.

Ayres with Montgomry Independent Publisher Bob Martin, a former FTR regular.




     Two years ago, Ayres wrote that the Star was making a profit and was OK financially...and he made an important point:

the Internet is just another printing press. Whether it prints the news on paper, a computer screen or smartphone, the press is incidental compared to the quality of the information delivered.   

     I talked with Montgomery Advertiser semi-retired columnist Al Benn for a while too, and he mentioned that he watches Jamie, Marcy and I on CBS 8 each morning as he walks the treadmill at the "Y" in Selma. It's a new vision I can take with me each day! Hi Al! (-:
    It was my long-time friend and new Montgomery resident Gary Bridge's first visit to Old Alabama Town, and I was glad to show it to him.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tim, for this thoughtful view of Book Fest! I saw Bob and Mr.Ayers both arrive from my vantage point in the Poetry Tent. I am so glad you posted. Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, I was having trouble with this comment box last night. I hope you will consider working with us some next year for the ABF! I'll get in touch in the summer as we begin planning. Your blog looks wonderful. Thanks again for sharing your POV and the photos. Any chance we could get them in a JPG format for the Book Fest's photo gallery? Jeanie

    ReplyDelete