Sep 28, 2014

Sunday Focus: +/- one mile an hour

  
    That's all it would have taken for the bus with the softball team on it to avoid being in the path of the truck that crossed the interstate this weekend. Four of the players died.

     For me, it raised the old question of predetermination. I have a relative who firmly believes everything is set in advance, as we just kinda walk the bases. My basic question: if you really believe that, then why try to do anything good? Why drive safely?

     An ancient question, for sure, but it popped up as I was considering the grief of the parents of those girls in Oklahoma. I started including links to various pages on the subject, but there are thousands, and I did not want to discriminate against any of the many, many beliefs. Was it predetermined that I would write that?

[Sunday Focus is a regular feature of Tim Lennox.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment