May 6, 2015

Media Extra: BiWi is Toast.

Politico says so, in an article that compares his lapses and those of Lara Logan.

     BiWi is, they write, Brian Williams, though I had never heard the nickname before. And they write:

At its core, all television news is drama, and even the least discerning audience member grows fond of some performers and contemptuous of others, sometimes for no reason and sometimes for good reason.

     And that is true. I've said through some experience that no matter how long you are on the air in a town, nobody will remember your name ten weeks after you leave.

    
Another truism: no matter how hard you work on stories and content, sometimes TV News is about hair and ties. A woman stopped me in the grocery store the other day and said my hair was sticking up the other morning and she called but didn't get an answer. I told her that during a newscast most of the folks will be in the studios or control rooms. But I also made a note to stop by a mirror on the way to the set. Just in case.

[Media Extra is an occasional posting in between Monday Morning Media Memo posts]

No comments:

Post a Comment