Jul 30, 2015

Coffee Lovers

I'll admit it, I'm one of them. 
I started drinking coffee  when I joined the U.S. Army in 1969, and haven't stopped.
How many others are there in the U.S? 
Gallup has the answer, and reports that it has not changed much, despite new coffee chains everywhere.




26% of American adults say they drink one cup of coffee on an average day, 19% drink two, 8% drink three, and 11% drink four or more. The remaining 36% drink none.
                                                                                                 From a new Gallup Report.


Surely part of my liking of coffee has been driven by all of the years I have been a morning broadcaster. When your alarm goes off as many other people are headed to sleep, you need a little help getting up. Nothing compares to the aroma you smell when you open a sealed coffee can or bag.

There is a 1976 CDC study online about Americans' consumption of various substances coffee included. HERE's the link, for students raiding this web site to copy material for a paper. 

[PLUS: Later in the day another coffee story came out, with negative results for coffee drinkers!]

3 comments:

  1. It's English Breakfast tea for me each morning, with a teaspoon of milk.

    My wife drinks coffee, and so far I've lived five years longer than her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's proof that coffee stunts your growth! Duh!

    ReplyDelete