Aug 6, 2017

Sunday Focus: Time




     The Prague astronomical clock...built in 1210 and operating today in Prague.
Read about it HERE

     Ask a nine year old how to read a dial clock or watch. Probably not going to happen.
     One study in Oklahoma City found the majority of the kids had no clue how to read the hands on the clock, having been brought up on digital timepieces...

A new study shows that only 1-in-10 Oklahoma City kids ages 6-12 own a watch. And only 1-in-5 know how to read it.
"Yeah, I was super surprised," said Caitlin Carnes, who works for the Boys & Girls Club at Santa Fe South Elementary. "When I was growing up that was something that we learned. I don't know if that makes me old or not."

     And speaking of time, the Moon is full, reminding me of this quote:

Roman Payne
“I fancied my luck to be witnessing yet another full moon.
True, I’d seen hundreds of full moons in my life, but they were not limitless. When one starts thinking of the full moon as a common sight that will come again to one’s eyes ad-infinitum, the value of life is diminished and life goes by uncherished. ‘This may be my last moon,’ I sighed, feeling a sudden sweep of sorrow; and went back to reading more of The Odyssey.”
Roman Payne
 



[Sunday Focus is a regular feature of www.timlennox.com. celebrating ten years online this Fall.]

No comments:

Post a Comment