Oct 15, 2017

Travel: The Mississippi River

No, not The Great River, just The Alabama @ Montgomery.

I post this link to a NY Times story mostly because the author's wife is a Birmingham Native, and they went on a honeymoon trip in search of The Mississippi Highway route, a trip that ended badly, almost before it began.

(Remember there is a limit on free articles to the Times, so you may be blocked if you visit them frequently.)

 wrote about their marriage 16 years ago in Birmingham:

"We had borrowed my dad’s car, and it was filled with suitcases containing our new life together. “Just Married!” signs covered the trunk. From Birmingham, it took a day and a half to get onto the actual Great River Road. I remember pointing to a sign – look – we’re on the road!"

...and then we crashed.

As close to Mississippi as I live, I didn't even know there was a Mississippi River Highway, but now I do and so can you. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment