May 19, 2018

Sunday Focus: A Texas Police Chief on the Latest U.S. School-Gun-Massacre City



 From a NY Times story:
In his Facebook post, which had elicited more than 16,000 reactions as of late Saturday, (Houston, Texas Police) Chief Acevedo said the days after the shooting were a time for “the asking of God’s forgiveness for our inaction.” He specifically called out “the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing.”
“I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun rights are bestowed by him,” he wrote. “The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith, are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.”

Is your city school next?
Your church?

(Sunday Focus is a regular longtime feature of www.TimLennox.com, now in its 11th year online)

No comments:

Post a Comment