Mar 21, 2009

Weekend Blues

When you are employed, the arrival of Friday is a cause for celebration...but when you are not working, it means two days in which there is little hope for return phone calls or reaching a potential employer at the office. Weekends, therefore, seem to last way too long! And while I'm sharing... The N.Y. Times has a story about ways the employed can help their unemployed friends (and no I am not recommending this for myself. I'm fine. But I am closer to the pain of unemployment than I have been in a while, and am a touch more sensitive to the issue!) There was also a Times story about the competition between young and old workers. Seems retired folks are taking the low-pay job entry level young workers would normally fill. Those baby boomers just won't, or can't, stay retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment