Aug 23, 2017

8th Anniversary, and Changes.

     Today (Thursday) is the 8th anniversary of my start at CBS 8, and it is the day my role at what is now called Alabama News Network changes.

     The fact that both are happening on the same date is a pure coincidence. I know that because the broadcast media has a miserable memory about itself. There is no way this was coordinated because unless there was an intense search, nobody would remember my first day except me. And the date was chosen because of paycheck cycles.

     Anyway, today--Thursday 8-24-17--is my last day on mornings. Andrew James will take over the co-hosting duties on Friday and I know he'll do a great job. I'll be on with Andrew and meteorologist Ben Lang, in for Ryan this morning. And Ryan and Olivia being off today is a coincidence too!

     As for me, 2019 is a huge political year for Alabama, with all of the constitutional offices and House and Senate districts up for grabs (as if that's all you had to do to win...grab an office.) Plus some of the medium sized cities will have municipal elections, including Auburn.

     I'll be working to help our viewers on Alabama News Network learn about the elections and the candidates under the new title of Senior Political Reporter. I'll be interviewing all of the candidates and if you know me at all, you know I won't hesitate to ask the questions they do not want to hear. 

     Those interviews will be part of Alabama News Network This Morning too, so I'll continue a presence there as well. 

     Please welcome Andrew aboard! The loud click you may hear about 1:06 AM this morning is me canceling the alarm that has woken me up in the middle of the night these past years. I will enjoy sleeping later.


 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Tim. A big day indeed! Thanks for all your good work the past eight years; and I'm looking forward to your contributions in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on returning to normalcy...at least when it comes to the alarm clock! And congrats to us viewers for the great job you'll do holding candidates accountable. PLEASE ask every would-be state legislator about her/his feelings on home rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's been fun. I admire your persistence, no matter who your weather person, sports commentator, etc. happens to be. Tim, like Ole Man River, just keeps rollin' along.

    Not having to get up that early in the morning is certainly a promotion!

    ReplyDelete