The most Popular Posts of the past seven days.

Feb 3, 2010

Back to The Future

     Almost exactly a year after I hosted the last For The Record on APT, I'm about to start hosting a similar program on the Montgomery Television station where I've been working part-time.
     Beginning soon on CBS-8 (WAKA), I'll be hosting a weekly half-hour interview show that will air immediately before 60-Minutes...5:30 - 6:00 pm each Sunday.
     CBS 8's On The Record will feature extended conversations with all kinds of people. During the lead-up to the Primary Elections on June 1st-- we'll talk with each of the candidates for Governor. They've each appeared on the station before, of course, but in relatively short segments with little or no chance for follow up questions,
     I'll post a guest schedule as soon as it's worked out. You can expect to see interesting people from all kinds of fields, including the people who run state and local government.

     My position at CBS-8 is now fulltime. I'll continue anchoring CBS-8 This Morning weekdays from 6:00 - 7:00 AM, and the news updates during The Early Show on CBS 7:00 - 9:00 AM.
     In addition to On The Record, I'll also be contributing stories to the CBS 8 Newscasts. I'm working on the first of those right now...more about it later!
     Last weekend we launched an all new web presence at CBS 8, and I'm confident you'll find it an exciting daily source for news and information. It has a nice clean design, is very user-friendly, and includes lots of video.
     I'm glad to have this opportunity to resume in-depth reporting and interviewing, and I appreciate how welcome the folks at 8 have made me feel.

9 comments:

  1. congratulations!! guess we won't see you in Bham though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your new For the Record isn't a bash Republicans-fest like your last For the Record was. Why not just have Bob Martin and his newspaper funded by Milton McGregor as your guest host? He appeared about every 2 weeks on the old For the Record and spent the entire time bashing Republicans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new show! And back to full time employment too. They are lucky to have you.

    - Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tim! It will be nice to have a real journalist in News again. Nearly every time there is a huge political story here in AL I find myself thinking..."Man I bet Tim misses FTR right about now."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! I don't get that station since I'm in Birmingham, but I'm glad to hear that it's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really great news, Tim. Looking forward to watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're full-time now, and glad you'll be doing what you like doing.

    Congrats and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Tim, glad to hear you are having an interview program again, I'm sorry I won't be able to see it here in Tuscaloosa but I'm sure the public around Montgomery will really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If anonymous who commented so profusely about your previous show being so anti-Republican why is he/she too embarrassed to use their name? Are they ashamed of being a Republican or whatever affiliate they are? You're bashing Tim Lennox but won't use your name? Tsk tsk; or should that be: cluck cluck? Gary James Bridge

    ReplyDelete