Nov 23, 2015

8th Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to me.

      TimLennox.com is 8 years old today. That, plus it being Thanksgiving week, give me the excuse I need to make this a holiday and give the Monday Morning Media Memo a day off.



      Here was the first posting on the website, just a Downtown Birmingham photo post. I was attending a retreat with my fellow Alabama Public TV employees and woke up early enough to get some nice downtown shots on a very cold November 23, 2007.

      There have been hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world. 
     Some weeks have more posts than others, and some posts are better than others too. 
     The all time click bait posting was about a program that allows people to insert their facial photo into a program and be judges on how beautiful they are. It accounts for tens of thousands of hits alone. In fact if you Google "Facial beauty test" you'll find my posting second in the results.

The visitors come from everywhere. For example, in the past few years:


United States
229331
Norway
22455
Germany
11889
United Kingdom
9244
Russia
7433
France
6789
Canada
4452
Ukraine
3652
China
3037

On APT about the time this website was born.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary, Tim! I was in Montgomery last week where my wife was attending the counselors convention and I caught your newscast. It was good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete