The Washington Post has collected dozens of promises Trump has made..including this one
76. Start winning again. "We're going to win so much -- win after win after win -- that you're going to be begging me: 'Please, Mr. President, let us lose once or twice. We can't stand it any more.' And I'm going to say: 'No way. We're going to keep winning. We're never going to lose. We're never, ever going to lose."
Trump’s big promises
By Jenna Johnson
The Washington Post
Most presidential candidates are careful to not promise too much on the campaign trail. That’s not at all the case for Republican front-runner Donald Trump. Listed below are 76 things that Trump has said he would do if elected, or has predicted would occur as a result of his election.
Trump has promised to: 1. Build a wall along the southern border that’s taller than the arenas where Trump holds his rallies, taller than any ladder and one foot taller than the Gre at Wall of China. This “artistically beautiful” wall will be so great that the nation will likely one day name it “The Trump Wall.”
2. Make Mexico pay for the wall. If Mexico refuses, then the U.S. will impound all remittance payments taken from the wages of illegal immigrants, cut foreign aid, institute tariffs, cancel visas for Mexican business leaders and diplomats, and increase fees for visas, border-crossing cards and port use.
3. “If I become president, we’re all going to be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again.”
4. Get rid of Common Core because it’s “a disaster” and a “very bad thing.” Trump might even eliminate the Department of Education.
5. The Environmental Protection Agency might also disappear.
6 . Get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something “ter! rific” that is “so much better, so much better, so much better.”
7. Knock down the regulatory walls between states for health insurance, making plans available nationally instead of regionally.
8. Rebuild the country’s aging infrastructure — especially bridges and airports that look like they belong in a third-world country — for one-third of what the United States is currently paying for such projects.
9. Save Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security without cutting benefits.
10. Defund Planned Parenthood.
11. “I will take care of women, and I have great respect for women.”
12. Frequently use the term “radical Islamic terrorism.”
13. Temporarily ban most foreign Muslims from entering the United States “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Trump would allow exceptions for dignitaries, business people, athletes and others who have “proven” themselves.
14. Bar Syrian refugees from entering the country and kick out any who are already living here.
15. Heavily surveil mosques in the United States.
16. Create a database of Syrian refugees.
17. Never take a vacation while serving as president.
18. Prosecute Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state.
19. Make medical marijuana widely available to patients.
20. Stop spending money o! n space exploration until the United States can fix its potholes.
21. Pick Supreme Court justices who are “really great legal scholars.”
22. Ensure that Iowa continues to host the nation’s first presidential contest.
23. Strengthen the military so that it’s “so big and so strong and so great” that “nobody’s going to mess with us.”
24. Be unpredictable. “No one is going to touch us, because I’m so unpredictable.”
25. Allow Russia to deal with the Islamic State in Syria and/or work with Russian President Vladimir Putin to wipe out shared enemies.
26. “Bomb the s— out of ISIS.” Also bomb oil fields controlled by the Islamic State, then seize the oil and give the profits to military veterans who were wounded while fighting.
27. Target and kill the relatives of terrorists.
28. Shut down parts of the Internet so that Islamic State terrorists cannot use it to recruit American children.
29. Bring back waterboarding, which the Obama administration considers torture.
30. Leave troops in Afghanistan because it’s such “a mess.” Protect Israel. And increase U.S. military presence in the East and South China Seas.
31. Find an “out” clause in the Iran deal and then “totally” renegotiate the whole thing.
32. “I promise I will never be in a bicycle race.” (This promise is connected to criticism of Secretary of State John F. Kerry, wh o was injured while riding a bicycle amid the Iran negotiations.) 33! . Refuse to call Iran’s leader by his preferred title. “I guarantee you I will be never calling him the Supreme Leader.”
34. Negotiate the release of all U.S. prisoners held in Iran before taking office.
35. Oppose the killing of journalists: “I hate some of these people, but I would never kill them.”
36. Find great generals — like the next Gen. Patton or Gen. MacArthur — and do not allow them to go onto television news shows to explain their military strategy.
37. Drop that “dirty, rotten traitor” Bowe Bergdahl out of an airplane into desolate Afghanistan without a parachute.
38. Fire “the corrupt and incompetent” leaders of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and dramatically reform the agency. Allow vet erans to take their military identification card to any medical facility that accepts Medicaid patients to receive care.
39. Invest more heavily in programs that help military veterans transition back to civilian life, including job training and placement services. Also increase funding for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injuries and mental health issues.
40. Bring back jobs from China — and Mexico, Japan and elsewhere.
41. “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
42. Students at Wofford College in South Carolina, where Trump attended a town hall, will all have jobs at graduation.
43. Aggressively challenge China’s power in the world by decla ring the country a currency manipulator, adopting a “zero toleranc! e policy on intellectual property theft and forced technology transfer” and cracking down on China’s “lax labor and environmental standards.”
44. Rather than throw the Chinese president a state dinner, buy him “a McDonald’s hamburger and say we’ve got to get down to work.”
45. Replace “free trade” with “fair trade.” Gather together the “smartest negotiators in the world,” assign them each a country and renegotiate all foreign trade deals.
46. Put billionaire hedge fund manager Carl Icahn in charge of trade negotiations with China and Japan, and pick an ambassador to Japan who is “a killer,” unlike the current ambassador, Caroline Kennedy.
47. Tell Ford Motor Co.’s president that unless he cancels plans to build a massive plant in Mexico, the c ompany will face a 35 percent tax on cars imported back into the United States.
48. Force Nabisco to once again make Oreos in the United States. And bully Apple into making its “damn computers” and other products here.
49. Impose new taxes on many imports into the country. Numbers thrown around have included 32 percent, 34 percent and 35 percent.
50. Grow the nation’s economy by at least 6 percent.
51. Reduce the $18 trillion national debt by “vigorously eliminating waste, fraud and abuse in the federal government, ending redundant government programs and growing the economy to increase tax revenues.”
52. Cut the budget by 20 percent by simply renegotiating.
53. Get rid of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
54. Simplify the U.S. tax code and reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to four. The highest earners would pay a 25-percent tax. The corporate tax rate would fall to 15 percent. Eliminate the “marriage penalty” for taxpayers and get rid of the alternate minimum tax.
55. No longer charge income tax to single individuals earning less than $25,000 per year or couples earning less than $50,000.
56. Ensure that Americans can still afford to golf.
57. Allow corporations a one-time window to transfer money being held overseas, charging a muchreduced 10 percent tax.
58. Get rid of most corporate tax loopholes or incentives, but continue to allow taxpayers to deduct mortgage interest and charitable donations from their taxes.
59. On his first day in office, Trump would get rid of gun-free zones at military bases and in schools.
60. Use “common sense” to fix the mental health system and prevent mass shootings. Find ways to arm more of the “good guys” like him who can take out the “sickos.”
61. Impose a minimum sentence of five years in fe deral prison for any violent felon who commits a crime using! a gun, with no chance for parole or early release.
62. Fix the background check system used when purchasing guns to ensure states are properly uploading criminal and health records.
63. Allow concealedcarry permits to be recognized in all 50 states.
64. Sign an executive order calling for the death penalty for anyone found guilty of killing a police officer.
65. Provide more funding for police training.
66. And provide more funding for drug treatment, especially for heroin addicts.
67. On the first day in office, terminate President Obama’s executive orders related to immigration. This includes getting rid of “sanctuary cities.”
68. Deport the almost 11 million immigrants illegally living in the United States.
69. Triple the number of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.
70. Continue to allow lowly paid foreign workers to come to the United States on temporary works visas because Trump says they are the only ones who want to pick grapes.
71. End birthright citizenship.
72. Say things that are politically incorrect, because the country does not have time to waste with political correctness.
73. Make America great again — and strong again, as it has become too weak.
74. Be a cheerleader for America and bring the country’s spirit back. “T ake the brand of the United States and make it great again.”!
75. Bring back the American Dream.
76. Start winning again. “We’re going to win so much — win after win after win — that you’re going to be begging me: ‘Please, Mr. President, let us lose once or twice. We can’t stand it any more.’ And I’m going to say: ‘No way. We’re going to keep winning. We’re never going to lose. We’re never, ever going to lose.”