May 7, 2008

A Lesson in Being #1


Own a 1995-2000 Toyota Tacoma pickup? The New York Times reports today that Toyota is offering to buy back as many as 813,000 of them because the frames are rusting badly and can't be repaired. On top of that they'll pay 1.5 time the Blue Book value. Now that's putting customers up top. The transmission on my current vehicle (I'll refrain from naming the American manufacturer) failed at 33,0000..which would have been covered by the warranty except that the car was 5 years old at the time. The "Company" not only offered me squat, they weren't even interested in hearing what part my mechanic found to have failed. It's the last vehicle I'll ever buy from that company...which by the way was offering a "free automatic transmission" for the 2008 model of my car. I can understand why it was being offered free. You'll have to change it out very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment