Aug 24, 2009

Early Early Early Morning

After training myself to go to bed earlier and earlier, and get up earlier and earlier each day last week, I woke up this morning for the real thing. I started anchoring the CBS-8 This Morning news program at 6:00am today on WAKA in Montgomery. I've learned a few things already: 1) 2:00am is very dark. So is 3:00am. And so forth. 2) Coffee is a wonder drug and probably deserves a slice on the food pyramid. 3) No matter how hard they try, companies can not make a microwave sausage-egg-and-cheese breakfast sandwich taste much better than the box they came in. 4) What traffic? 5) Getting answers on a story is difficult at 10am, sometimes impossible at 4:00am. 6) If eyes were not meant to hold contact lenses, that is triply so at 3:00am. 7) Lindsay Lohan is an actress, and her name is pronounced two ways. Low-han or Lown. Or maybe some other way. But her house was one of the thousands in the U.S. that were broken into on Saturday and it made the news. 8) During the broadcast, it takes a least two dozen people all pointing me in the direction of the next place to sit or stand for me to more or less get it right. Maybe. Kinda. For now, anyway. 9) Brain neurons do not fire off at 3:00am. They kinda spark a little. If you're lucky. zzztssttz.

Posting here is a touch light, as is my head, as I adjust to the new schedule. Join Meteorologist Kait Parker and me in the very dark morning tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Watched this morning. Was great to see you back in action. Agreed on the coffee and box-tasting breakfast sandwiches.

    Please tell Jabari Pruitt and Chris Bailey I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry, Tim.

    In the coming days, more and more folks will find themselves waking up at 0'dark-thirty and getting home that same time!

    Yes... I too know full well the joys of no traffic.

    On the neurons firing off thing... I've always been a morning man. Up outta' bed - I'm rarin' to go!

    And as for the secbsinabox... fuggetaboutit!

    Oh, and get extended wear lenses.

    On the Lohan thing... research indicates that rapes are frequently preceded by break-ins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early Early morning go for walk.... this morning is look so great

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Tim, looking out from those golden windows--does the world seem golden, too--or just dark?

    ReplyDelete