Mar 19, 2010

Oops

     I just wanted to point out for the record, that being the snake respecting guy that I am, I declined the opportunity to have my picture taken with a rattlesnake next to my face.
     A lot of other employees at CBS 8 felt otherwise when the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo people came calling this past week, including meteorologist Kait Parker, though from her expression it seems she may have had some second thoughts.

Uh, let's face it. From my previous posts worrying about the pythons that are hundreds of miles away in Florida, I've made my position clear. Every snake is deadly and anxious to kill me, until proven otherwise. The best snake is a dead snake. Or one enclosed in a rocket about to be sent to deep outer space. I don't pose with 'em, dance with 'em, or play with  'em. But good for Kait! Something to show the grandkids!
[For those of you interested in hanging with the vipers, the Rodeo is next weekend.]

3 comments:

  1. LOL

    You and Bill Engvall would get along. He says snakes are "not natural". "Snakes are the devil. It's in the Bible."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kait is a long, long way from becoming a grandmother!

    I hope that those rodeo people have plenty of insurance, including coverage for bringing the rattlers into a TV studio. A bite would be really serious business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to attend the Rattlesnake Rodeo for quite some time!

    Maybe I'll go this year!

    I hear rumors that Tim may be tapped as the chairman next year!

    ReplyDelete