Sep 5, 2011

9-11

     The Internet Archive is making TV coverage of the day New York and Washington were attacked by terrorists available online. Three thousand hours of coverage from the major U.S. networks and other media.
     I must still have a hole in my heart from that day. I ache when I see the still photos. I watched them go up when I lived in New York.
     CBS Sunday Morning aired an interview with the head chef of Windows On The World, the restaurant at the top of The World Trade Center...to which I had once bought a gift certificate for my parent's wedding anniversary...and it was painful to watch. They died before the events of that September morning.
    I won't be spending much time on the archives, though I can see where they would be valuable for people too young at the time to understand. A good teaching tool  

1 comment:

  1. Me, too, Tim. I lived in NYC 1964-74. It hurts when I see the WTC in movies or stills.

    ReplyDelete