Oct 7, 2011

My Old School Music Roots

I had never heard of Skrillex before this week....he's an electronic music D.J./Producer. But when I spotted his name a second time, in Rolling Stone in connection with a new song by the remaining members of The Doors, it got my attention.

I played keyboards (a very diplomatic and generous retelling of my part) in a band that wouldn't even be worth the title "Garage Band". Ed, Paul Steve and Tim played at playing. And had fun as "The Wendigo".

But we did love The Doors, and so I'm ready willing and able to put up with all the electronica screeching in the world to hear it. A documentary about mixing etc. is the venue. It comes out next year. I'll be there.

2 comments:

  1. As I remember it, "The Wendigo" were typical of the many kid bands around the country playing rock/pop music in their parents' basements.

    However, I also have it on good authority that the bass player of the group was exceptional, and when he retired from music Paul McCartney breathed a sigh of relief.

    ---Steve Maietta

    Bass Player, The Wendigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, my friend. You were the absolute soul of The Wendigo.

    I'm pushing for a reunion tour at JFK in 2018!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete