Aug 26, 2012

Dr. Hubbert in Retirement


     This past week was the first start of a K-12 school year in Alabama in 42 years without Paul Hubbert at the helm of AEA.
     I met with Dr. Hubbert in his home last week to talk about the state of education and education funding in Alabama, Democratic Party Politics, and his health...he's on dialysis for kidney trouble related to his liver transplant in the 1980's.
     A report from on that interview is scheduled for this evening on The CBS 8 Weekend News at 10:00pm, though it may be preempted for Isaac coverage.

1 comment:

  1. My best wishes & prayers go out to Dr. Paul Hubbert. My dear friend, & former President of Alabama State Employees Association, Bob Cook (Robert Julian Cook)of Ramer, AL who lived for years in Huntsville & was my roommate for quite a few years would talk often with Paul Hubbert & always with respect, kindness, & humour. I had a red phone with a special phone number as Bob would get calls from Governor George C. Wallace, Dr. Hubbert, & many, many past Alabama politicians. I felt honored that my home was getting calls from such people.

    ReplyDelete