Jan 27, 2014

MMMM # 428 --- we interrupt this interview.











I don't know what to say about this decision by MSNBC to interrupt a Congresswoman to report on Justin Bieber's arrest on traffic charges.

Actually I DO know what to say. Are you out of your mind? That's a story that couldn't wait for the guest to finish her sentence? 

The "we interrupt" line ought to be reserved for stories of great import, not just great public interest.

Reminds me of the time I was live in the courtroom in Birmingham when the first man charged with the 16th Street Baptist Church was convicted. I called in to the radio station, ready with a live report when the guilty verdict came, and the D.J. waited for the record to finish.



[ALSO: In case you missed it, ABC-TV's Elizabeth Vargas admitted Friday Morning on Good Morning that she has been away for treatment of alcoholism.]





[The Monday Morning Media Memo is a regular feature of TimLennox.com.]

No comments:

Post a Comment