Dec 3, 2015

Arthur Bremer Redux

   
Bremer arrested after the shooting in Maryland


  Regulars to this website may know I have a particular interest in the man convicted of shooting George Wallace...Arthur Bremer. 
     I produced a report about where he was for Alabama News Network several years ago on the 40th anniversary of the shooting. You can watch it HERE.


The wheelchair Wallace used.



   The Washington Post's David Montgomery has gotten closer to Bremer than I did, though Bremer rejected his interview request as well. 






The high bidder (for the pistol Bremer used) was an anonymous collector from outside the Washington region who had an idea of how much a piece of Arthur Bremer is worth: He paid $28,750.
County police learned of the auction after it was over. They had no idea the gun had strayed into private hands and are now trying to get it back
     I recommend his story in the paper.

3 comments:

  1. I live about two hours from Cumberland. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go visit him and let him know I am still very interested in an interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furthermore, before moving to Alabama in 1996 I lived ten miles from where Wallace was shot, and often shopped at that mall in Laurel.

    I have no intention of driving to Cumberland, thank you. I stopped for lunch there many years ago and remember my first encounter with a right-wing John Birch Society type of "newspaper."

    ReplyDelete