Jan 5, 2019

I'm NOT a Meteorlogist....

(....though I did play one on TV for a while in Birmingham....).

Nonetheless, I am something of a weather geek, and am known to get up in the middle of the night to look out at active weather of any kind.

That's why I have been enjoying the earth weather views available online from the GOES  satellites.


 Here's the link, if you are so inclined. 
Please note the note on the top of some the pages. As you may have heard, part of the federal government is closed, so some weather info may not be updated.

And let me apologize to the flat earth crowd who somehow think the earth is like a snow globe, with a flat side that we somehow have not been able to see via the hundreds of satellites like GOES that circle the earth.

I actually talked with one person in Montgomery recently who thinks it is perfectly OK for someone hold that belief, and that they may be right because, well just because. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment