Oct 2, 2020

UPDATED---Autumn Moon + Mars

 Caught Earth's Moon and Mars in the October 1st Sky  last night, though my camera zoom doesn't quite do Mars justice. 

I've added another photo (not mine!) of that planet, which has been crawling with mechanical explorers from Earth (and soon should have human footprint on it).

First up: local flora and fauna blowing in front our planet's Moon:

 

 


 

 

     Mars is to the left of Earth's Moon in this photo...not much more than a pin-prick of light. Larger than the stars, but way smaller than the Moon.

(UPDATE: Mars is as "close" to Earth as it will be for a very long time. HERE is that story.)



  I am hoping that there will be humans walking on that pin-prick in my lifetime! My name is there already...two times...attached to rovers from NASA:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment