Apr 8, 2021

Merrill NOT running for any office in '22.

 "I have been presented with a variety of options for where my path in public service could lead. After much prayer, reflection, and conversations with my wife, Cindy, I have decided that I will not be a candidate for any office in 2022."

                  Republican Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill

       Lots more to this story. AL.COM has details of the affair Merrill admits having, adding weight to his comment about "conversations with my wife Cindy". I'll bet.

      And all of that time he had a self-installed holier than thou halo around him.

Crash & Burn. 

     He's actually the second Republican Alabama Secretary of State to do so.


    Remember Beth Chapman? 

     She held the position between 2007 and 2013 when she resigned suddenly, seventeen months before her term expired. Her resignation came just weeks after I reported on Alabama News Network that she was not spending full-time on the job in Montgomery, and some staffers had to drive halfway to Birmingham where she lived to meet her to sign papers.


  •      Will voters put another Republican in the SOS office next year?    

  •      Will the national Republican SOS Association drop Merrill from his position as Chair of The Republican Secretaries of State Executive Committee?

No comments:

Post a Comment