Oct 16, 2021

About This Past Week

 I've only barely worked on posts for this website and my companion photography website this week...with good reason!

I was able to take part in the Montgomery filming of the remake of The Wonder Years. Unlike my small speaking role in Son of The South last year, my participation in this ABC TV show was strictly as a member of the "herd" of background actors.

We filmed in several locations (including at the Fair and inside sets created in closed off parts of Eastdale Mall) for episodes of the show that should air in late November and/or in December. I'll report on the dates more on this website when I know them!

     We were restricted from taking photos during the production (and you know how difficult it was for me hold off...but I did, other than a couple of selfies 😁), but CBS 8/ABC 32 taped some of the prep work on the set(s) at Eastdale Mall, and you can watch that report HERE.

     My position was paid, and let me tell you I earned every penny of it!

     I was on set four days this past week, sometimes for as long as thirteen hours and sometimes as early as 6:00AM. 

There were long stretches of time when we were basically "on hold" between scenes. And during those times I enjoyed talking with many of my fellow extras, many of them Montgomery residents.


On top of that, in the days before filming began I managed to break a bone in my wrist when I fell during a Sunday Morning photo excursion in The Garden District! I was afraid the resulting arm cast would kick me off the background cast, but they worked around it. I doubt you'll even see it in any of the shots. The cast comes off later this month.

Here are some publicity photos of the new Wonder Years, which airs  on ABC 32 Wednesday nights at 7:30.

 


   BTW, Fred Savage, who played as a child in the original show in the 1980's, was on set in Montgomery as a Director for the new show.
 

(There was ample mask wearing during the taping,

and we were tested frequently too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment