Apr 4, 2022

I Missed The Census Count. By a Few weeks!

     The 1950 Census documents have been released by the government, and it turns out I missed being counted. But not by much!

     The pages where my parents and two older siblings were counted and recorded took place about six weeks before I was born, so my existence---at least as officially counted by the Census Bureau---wouldn't be official till the 1960 Census.


 

 

 

 

 

     My older...and counted!...siblings, welcomed me into the family, and the world.

     But the bean counters in the Federal Government would wait till later, when little Timmy was almost a decade old, to count me.

 

That 1950 count, by the way, DID count all of the other 7,891,957 people living in New York City....the country's largest urban area of the time. 

I was number ,7,891,958.


Hi there!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment