The most Popular Posts of the past seven days.

Jul 12, 2023

Push Polling

 Just had a call from a supposed polling company asking about the August 22nd Mayoral Election in Montgomery.

This is not my first time dealing with polling, and the caller was clearly doing a PUSH poll. Just the way the questions were framed told me that right off the bat. I cooperated for a while but then said bye bye. 

If I had not worked all day I might have gone along with it just to hear how they were treating the candidates. But I don't have time for nonsense. 

The "issues" were crime and garbage collections.

The target? The incumbent, of course. Wish I knew who paid for it. 

ADDENDUM:

The race for mayor is "non-partisan"...and should not include party politics. BUT the GOP in the state claims the incumbent is suggesting otherwise:

"It has come to the Party's attention that Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed is sending out fundraising text messages with false claims about the Alabama Republican Party. We would like to set the record straight. The Alabama Republican Party is not backing any candidate in the non-partisan Montgomery mayor's race."

The GOP says Reed is trying to link newly announced candidate Barrett Gilbreath to the GOP, though they don't name him in the news release.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment