Apr 7, 2024

The Capitol Grounds

 When I walk from my car to the front doors of the Alabama Capitol on mornings when I am working, I appreciate anew the hard work the employees do to keep the grounds looking so good! (I do NOT, although, appreciate the 50+ stairs I have to climb to reach the front doors!

May be an image of grass 

....and I avoid the beautiful cantilevered stairs inside! TGFTE*)

*thank god for the elevator! 









This is the Alabama Coat of Arms, which includes the flags of countries that had possession of some of the land that became Alabama (England, France, Spain and The Confederacy. It is on the elevator doors on the 1st floor. There have been efforts to remove the confederate symbol (after all, we spent four years killing each other over it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment