Dec 3, 2007

Street Avoidance


Sometimes when I go out on a photo hunting mission it is months or even longer before I relize I've brought back a trophy. Such was the case a month ago during two weekends in Birmingham. The downtown buildings are elsewhere in this blog. As I was taking the pictures early that Sunday morning I spotted a woman pushing a baby carriage down 20th Street. I had been studiously avoiding the various street people downtown for an hour, not wanting to be hit up for money, and I immediately cast the woman in the same catagory. I did my best to avoid them, but our eyes met, I said good morning, and she asked if I wanted to take a picture of her baby. I did, and did. She did not ask for anything, but just continued down the block. Was she homeless? Or was it my mind that was without a place.

1 comment:

  1. Love the light and the story. The expression you captured is very compelling. Nice job Tim.

    ReplyDelete