Jan 13, 2009

My salvation (NOT)!

Here's an e-mail that caused me to think---for a second or two-- who needs a job anyway? ================================================================== Good Day,Let me start by introducing myself, I am MRS. KRISTIE UGGERRI, CREDITACCOUNTS OFFICER BANCO DE ORO UNIVERSAL BANK. I am writing you this letter based on the latest development at my bank, which I will like to bring toyour personal edification. I am a top official in charge of clientaccounts in (EQUITABLE PCI BANK) which is now BANCO DE ORO UNIVERSAL BANK inside the Philippines the merger was late 2007. =================================================================== After those two seconds I was back, heading toward unemployment [OK, that sounds a little melodramatic!], and working on resumes and DVD's of previous TV stories I've produced. But whenever I get one of those Nigerian Scam emails, I wonder how many people can there be who actually fall for them? Some, I guess, After all, Madoff took people for Billions. Then there are the people who, for enjoyment, lead the emailers along, sounding like dumb Americans falling for the trap, and then forcing them to do incredibly stupid things. NPR did a great story about them called "The Enforcers". If you missed it here it is. Great radio.

3 comments: