Dec 11, 2009

Huh?

Birmingham News quotes the Guv's Press office as saying his sending that $13-Million un-bid contract for Paragon Source, LLC (the computer firm famous for operating without a published business phone, without a business address, and without a website) through Auburn University Montgomery instead of through the Contract Review Committee.

Just one question: if you weren't trying to hide the contract, why did it go through AUM? What ever happened to transparency in government?

[UPDATE: we were in a hurry...that's the gist of a further explanation from the Riley Administration as to why they went through AUM with the no-bid contract for Paragon Source, LLC.]

2 comments:

  1. He can run, but he can't hide.

    And didn't he just request letters from all the university presidents, asking them to identify any "pass-through pork?"

    Feh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I called the guvnuh's orifice a few weeks ago about this debacle, it was all I could to keep my Christian bearing, for the human female that barked at my questions...

    Yup, barked... as in "woof, woof!"

    Okay.

    'Nuff said.

    You know, she became particularly irate when - in response to her statement, to which I patiently and attentively listened - I asked, "If this computer expert has some unique and special knowledge and ability as you suggest she does, that rather makes her like God, then, doesn't it? No one else has either the ability or capacity to do what she has done."

    Yup.

    She got mad at that question.

    I don't know why.

    It's rather simple.

    And I'm not a media man.

    And I told her so.

    I just pay the guvnuh's salary... and Troy's salary too.

    I guess that makes me their boss.

    Yup.

    I guess it does.

    ReplyDelete