Jun 12, 2010

Oil reaches Alabama's beaches

     The photos showing the oil on the al.com website are disgusting. CBS TV reports from Gulf Shores too, talking with the mayor and businesspeople. The thick oil covering Alabama;s shore is not a pretty sight.
     Almost yearly since I moved to Montgomery 12 years ago, I've enjoyed a long-weekend trip to the coast, usually right after the season ends with Labor Day. I can't imagine this mess will be over by then.
     And not to be an alarmist, but there's also a post floating around the net suggesting there will be no end to the oil leaking into the Gulf, that BP has essentially killed the Gulf of Mexico.

[UPDATE: When I posted the above link, I wondered about not seeing his theory anywhere in the MSM. This morning I did a Google News search under his name and the word geologist. Not a single MSM return. Anyway...take his theory with a grain of oil-soaked sand if you will. The fact that not a single newspaper has printed his material raises LOTS of questions!]

 Here's how I remember my trips to the Gulf beaches. Are these photos the only way to experience this again?



No comments:

Post a Comment