Jun 18, 2011

He Shoulda Read Asop

Here's the story Aesop wrote : One winter a Farmer found a Snake stiff and frozen with cold. He had compassion on it, and taking it up, placed it in his bosom. The Snake was quickly revived by the warmth, and resuming its natural instincts, bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Oh," cried the Farmer with his last breath, "I am rightly served for pitying a scoundrel."
The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful.


And here's what just happened in New Jersey to a young man who perhaps had never read Aesop, courtesy the Asbury Park Press, a former employer of mine back in the day.

[And thanks to finder-of-truths online, Jay, for finding the N.J. story!]

1 comment:

  1. My wife's family used to own property on Long Beach Island NJ, so I noticed that the guy lives in Tuckerton, which is on the mainland.

    I used to enjoy my wife's aunt's house at 40 Alabama Avenue, three houses from the bay. I would look across the bay and think, "Nixon's over there and I'm over here!"

    ReplyDelete