Jul 27, 2012

The Missing (Story) Link

     I read a LOT of news online and off. I use the Google News search engine many dozens of times a day.
     When a headline catches my attention, I either bookmark it or go ahead and read it.
     And this one caught my eye Friday afternoon:

The Moral Economy of AIDS


The link was to a Businessweek story.

     But the page was nowhere to be found. It was a brand new item...collected by Google just  minutes before.

     Where had it gone?

     Have I never written something on timlennox.com and then pulled it back? Of course. But I'm a one-man shop with no editors (other than Jay, who volunteers his services now and then) Is that what happened to the story with the intriguing headline? Did it get past the editors and then pulled back?
     And Just what IS the "moral economy" of AIDS. Too expensive to pay for?
     I searched the Businessweek website without luck, though I did find a 1995 article they published about the cost of the AIDS epidemic.
     I searched Google again...nothing.
     Several hours later it is still MIA.
     Where is the missing linked story?

[UPDATE: At some point the story was reposted, and the link works now.]


No comments:

Post a Comment