Jun 20, 2019

The August 27th Montgomery Mayor's Race.

     A friend of mine was called as part of a survey of the Montgomery's Mayor's race the other day, and the friend allowed me to listen in, and it was interesting.

     They told my friend Todd Strange was not running for reelection (but also asked how much my friend liked him and his policies.) They named all of the candidates and asked how familiar my friend was with each of them.

     I believe the polling was being done by the Ed Crowell Campaign because there was an extra effort to ask about his credentials.
     He's a retired Air Force General. 

     You can watch an interview I did with him before I retired. It was part of the Face2Face interview series on Alabama News Network. Watch it HERE.

     Crowell, and all but one of the other candidates, are African-American, and the polling identified the race of every candidate as they asked questions. They asked for important issues, and my friend named two: schools and crime. They specifically asked questions about whether Crowell would be more or less likely to get the friend's support if he---fill in the blank on possible solutions to problems.

     The actual qualifying for the city election starts on 7-2-19 and ends on 7-16-19. The election is on August 27th. 



     It is a non-partisan election, meaning candidates do not run by party. Because of the number of candidates, I believe it is likely there will be a runoff. That happens if none of the candidates gets at least 50% + 1 vote. The top two candidates then compete in the runoff on October 8th. The winner takes office on November 12th.





     You'll find information about the municipal election HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment