Jun 20, 2019

U.S. Senate Seat Election in 2020

   
     Roy Moore is expected to announce his candidacy (or his non-candidacy, but I'm betting he will run) 
 UPDATE: Yes, he is......
 .....for one of the U.S. Senate seats from Alabama today. 

     He ran against Democratic candidate Doug Jones---and lost---in 2016. If he wins the Republican Primary next March 3rd, and becomes the GOP nominee, it will be a rematch.

     Meanwhile The Alabama U.S Senator who is not up for reelection next year says former U.S. Senator Jeff Session, has not decided if he will run for the seat:

"Sessions I don't think has ruled it out," Sen. Richard C. Shelby, R-Ala., told reporters. "I've talked to him about it. I think if he ran he would be a formidable candidate, formidable. I've not encouraged him to run, but he's a friend, and if he ran I think he'd probably clear the field."
                                                                                       (From a Stanford Advocate story,)

No comments:

Post a Comment