Jul 25, 2021

Ties! Goodby ties?

 The Atlantic has picked up on the "men's ties are dead" campaign:

 

"Ties have slowly disappeared from red carpets, a trend led by a new generation of Hollywood stars such as Jared Leto, John Boyega, Donald Glover, and Harry Styles. The presidential candidate Andrew Yang leaned into his dot-com roots by showing up to the first Democratic debate of 2019 without a tie—a political milestone that launched not one but two Twitter accounts purporting to be the missing garment."

 

FULL Story HERE.

 

 

  I went for many years working in radio during which I hardly ever wore a tie...
 

 

...to another 25 years or so working in TV in which I wore one virtually every day.

    

 

 

 

 

 The photo below shows me moving my then-small tie collection from APT to my eventual next job at CBS 8/ABC 32 in 2009 when the network eliminated a number of jobs, including mine.

     The collection grew considerably in the decade after that, and I now have between 200 and 300 of them hanging with my suits and shirts. There must be a way to auction them off for charity...or for me? 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment