Aug 28, 2021

Goodbye Vin

 My only brother has died.

I received word indirectly because in recent years he has lived in South-East Asia, and our contact was only electronic.

He was a U.S.Veteran, having been in the U.S. Air Force. At one point he served at SAC as a meteorologist.

This photo is of us about 1990 in Mexico.

Decades ago, he provided me with the clippings that I have used to grow hundreds of night blooming cereus plants. They bloom only late at night, and the blooms die with sunrise.

This is the second bloom of the year, and it opened Thursday night, the day of his death. I do not believe people who have died have any control over things, including plants blooming, but it was a nice coincidence.. 


My brother and I with Dad, about 1962. RIP
 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment