Dec 3, 2021

I am a WIDELY read person

      I read from minutes after I awake till I close my eyes, topics across the spectrum.

     And so, when I read an ABC story about doctors amputating the wrong limb, I remembered a medical article about the best way to prevent those medical errors.  

     Not to mark the limb that IS to be amputated, but the one that is NOT:


"A further step that you can take to protect yourself is to take a sharpie and make sure to mark the opposite limb that does not require surgery with a note such as “DO NOT CUT THIS LEG.” Having that written in big, bold letters across your leg is pretty hard to miss, and it can pretty much guarantee that they will not remove that leg."


Source: https://marketbusinessnews.com/wrong-limb-amputated/248727/

No comments:

Post a Comment