Feb 20, 2023

TV Clothes

     During my 25 years in TV News, I wore a LOT of ties. 


     I still have several hundred, and now that I'm a part-time docent at the capitol building, I get to wear some of them. 


 

     And what news anchors wear, or what they don't wear, is in the news again thanks to CNN's Don Lemon. The N.Y. Times reports...


Lemon wore..."a hoodie with a suit jacket while on the air, which proved such an unexpected sartorial choice for an anchorman that it went viral, creating its own mini-news cycle. Stephen Colbert called out the look, saying he always watched the CNN show but was “a little taken aback” because of what Mr. Lemon was wearing.

“I know they want to add some comedy to CNN, and this is hilarious,” Mr. Colbert said. “How do you report the news in that outfit? How do you talk about tragedy wearing that? Because what could be more tragic than that look?”

                                                                                        (The N.Y. Times 2-20-22)

A man in brown glasses wears a hooded sweater under a pin striped suit. Behind him, a photograph of New York City is projected. At the bottom of the image a news chyron says: COMING UP INTERMITTENT FASTING NOT ASSOCIATED WITH WEIGHT LOSS IN 6-YEAR STUDY

     My own take on it? Don, ONE or THE OTHER. But not a hoodie with a suit jacket, please?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment