Aug 19, 2012

This Election is NOT tied!

Do I see a trend?

 WHAT'S WITH THE NO-TIE LOOK?

     Don't get me wrong. If I ran the country, men's ties would be banned except for funerals and weddings... and only one or two of those a year.
     But so many of the candidates are showing up sans tie that I figure something is up.


  • The Mad Men skinny tie trend is over.
  • Global Warming, with the warmest Spring in history, is taking a toll.
  • None of the candidates want to seem too 1%.


     On The other hand, if anything, 50 Shades of Gray should have increased necktie sales.


     I've joked that TV News is mostly about hair and ties, and honestly, it would be difficult for men to show any color at all in most on-air work without a tie. Or perhaps we can just start wearing baseball caps?


No comments:

Post a Comment